Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daddy's All American Girl

***disclaimer***  Any of my guy friends please DO NOT READ!!!!

So I was hard at work last week, when my sidekick Ben Grande called me over to his desk.  Usually this entails proof reading an email, checking out someone's facebook pictures, or figuring out how we are going to get rich and then what we are going to do with all the money!  This time he had a picture of Carrie Underwood on his computer...I said, "yeah, she's cute but I like Jessica Simpson better," and then turned around headed back to my desk.  He said, "Volk come back here...have you heard the song, "All American Girl"?!?!  

So there we were, 2 grown men, looking out the window watching a video and listening to the words.  There were a couple funny looks as people walked by but it really was the perfect theme song for my little girl that is only a few weeks away.  It is kinda funny that my wedding song was written by Carrie Underwood too.  So cheers to Grande, Carrie, and my All American Girl!!!! 



And our wedding song.....




2 comments:

Georgia said...

Ben...the songs brought me to tears! So many memories...so much to look forward to...You are now going to be blessed with 2 American Girls in your life. Girls are wonderful and you are going to be the best Daddy! Enjoy the ride...

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben... I'm going to forward this to all my male friends to show them how a real man treats the girls in his life you are the man love Popi