Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bella Update

It's been way too long since I've updated the blog, so here it goes.  Bella is now almost 7 weeks (on Saturday), she weighs 10lbs 2oz, and is much more awake these days.  She is turning into a little baby versus a newborn who just sleeps all the time.  Bella has started to smile a little bit, and loves looking at faces or colorful objects.  I think they say at around 8 weeks they start to see color, so pretty soon it will be a whole new world to her.  We've been having a lot of fun during the days, we go out for walks with friends and twice a week we do baby bootcamp.  She likes looking at all the leaves in the park and watching me do exercises.  Bella loves to be held by her daddy when he gets home from work.  She's been sleeping really good.  Bella is still in our room, but sleeps in her bassinet.  It's so funny because when I put her to sleep I lay her in the middle of her bassinet, and she always seems to scoot herself over to the side and sleeps with her head right up against it.  She also hates to be swaddled, hated it since the day we got home from the hospital, she sleeps with her arms above her head, totally stretched out. (Funny cause that's how I sleep).  We basically have it down to a 6 hour stretch at night, and some nights she has gone as long as 9 hours, which is just amazing for me!  Bella has many friends already.  We walk with her friend Lyla a few times a week, she does a class with Lyla and Kendall, and she likes being with her cousins Mila, Lily and Zoe.  We can't wait for her friend Halle to be born, it will be any day now.  Everything about being a mommy is great...I love it, and wouldn't want to be doing anything else.







Me and Missy, with Bella and Mila.  I love how the cousins are only 3 weeks apart. It will be so much fun watching our girls grow up together!

Here is a quick video of Bella playing, as you can see she likes to squirm and look around.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, your mommy, Gigi, was 10lbs 2oz when she was born! xoxoauntielinda

Heather and Ben said...

I know, I can't even imagine that. Especially since Tutu was so little.

Georgia said...

She is beautiful!!! all 10lbs20z of her...I love little Bella!

Lisa said...

Heather, I love reading your updates...you are so lucky Bella is such a good sleeper! Love you guys! xoxo
p.s. Halle can't wait to meet Bella!

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast. All of her little outfits are so cute. We can't wait to meet her in San Diego.
- emily and josh

The Hensel Family said...

Can't believe how quickly Bella is growing. I really want to see her again. Let's set something up where I can swing by after work one night. Hope you three are doing well.